Thursday, June 9, 2016

Day 38 (6/3) - Winter Wonderland

I passed by Dipping Lakes early this morning. Started off with my crampons for a short traverse through some trees but ended up having to switch to snowshoes once the terrain flattened out.


I almost stepped on these guys. They are not very skittish and ignored my presence.


Found some tracks to follow. Looks like about five others with snowshoes. These tracks did not always follow the official trail so I ran into them on and off throughout the day.


Looking ahead. Not sure this would be fun without snowshoes. I did find two sets of footprints that were from trail runners so at least a couple hikers braved this area without snowshoes.


A view from near where I camped last night. I was able to find a small dry patch under some trees but it was too uneven to get much sleep. I ended up having to melt snow to make dinner and water for the night. It used up a lot more fuel than expected due to the elevation. 15 miles, 7:15 hiking.


No comments:

Post a Comment