Saturday, May 14, 2016

Day 13 (5/9)

Headed for the cliff dwellings. I stopped at the ranger station to refill water.


Almost there, these look cool!


That is actually a door I am standing next to. The previous tenants over 700 years agp were less than four feet tall.


Not much is known about the people who lived here. It is estimated that they lived here for only a few generations.


There is a spring and creek down below that made living here possible.


Back on the trail. Going to try and make it to Prior Cabin tonight. Getting a really late start, I left the cliff dwellings about 3:00.


This pack trail should be easy to follow and I can make up some time.


Almost to Prior Cabin and these guys paid me a visit. Great ending to an adventurous day.


Prior Cabin, but the doors are all locked! 😂 Wishful thinking I guess. Nice little creek here that is really cold. Time to make camp. 19.8 miles (including 1 mile cave dwellings loop), 6:20 hiking.


No comments:

Post a Comment