Saturday, May 14, 2016

Day 17 (5/13)

Entering "Segment 16", whatever that means... cool sign though!


Easy walking today, even though a much of it was up hill.


A look back at where I came down yesterday. Miles are really going by.


Stopped here for about half an hour. Got the grand tour from the Dave/Wheaties who was checking for fires. The history of the towers in the area was very interesting. Dave showed me how they determine exactly where a fire is with this siting gizmo and a map.


Pretty fancy digs with an awesome view, even had a propane furnace.


A view to the west from the tower. The shed below is where Dave sleep the five days a week when he not up in the tower.


I'm pretty sneaky! Hid behind some shrubs while I snuck in for a close-up.


Looks like we might get some rain. There should be more mountains like these north of Pie Town.


Awesome clean cold water from a well! Thanks Gene! Perfect ending to another great day. I was able to wash up a bit here before moving to find a camping spot. 26.2 miles, 8:05 hiking.


1 comment:

  1. Awesome. Keep it up! Wishing I was out there!

    -Evan

    ReplyDelete