Thursday, May 5, 2016

Day 6 (5/2)



Windmill I camped near last night, water had to be filtered. It got very cold last night, had to put on everything I had to stay warm enough to sleep.




Bundled up and hitting the trail. Should find another windmill in a few hours. Still breezy and cold at 10 AM.




Watering hole with a faucet! What more can a hiker ask for? Cold, delicious, and no filtering needed. The four brothers passed me here while I ate a snack.




Found this old cabin along the trail. I guess someone used to live way back here?




Great views to the east. Finally getting a little elevation. Saw the four brothers again along the trail eating lunch about noon.




These sure are nice. I hope hikers keep them closed because they sure make life easy!




Looking more like a hiking trail now. Slower going but a better workout. I just need to pick up my feet and stop kicking rocks...




Trail Magic!!! Much needed water and a fresh snack. Great way to end the day!




Yum! Thanks for the apple! I met another day hiker about 30 minutes up the trail from here and he pointed out a few places to camp further up. I made camp shortly thereafter. Rice and quinoa with dried tomatoes, corn, and peppers for supper; something my mom and I concocted and it turned out great! The four brothers passed me while I ate dinner. I should hit Silver City tomorrow. 18.7 miles, 7:10 hours hiking.



Posted via Blogaway


No comments:

Post a Comment