Saturday, May 14, 2016

Day 15 (5/11)

Leaving the "tank" near where I camped last night. Herd of elk walked right by my tent while it was dusk.


Easy road/trail to follow most of the day. It is nice when I don't have to constantly check my maps.


More wildlife. Not sure what this is but I was able to slowly get close enough for a good picture.


I have been trying to get a picture of these crazy looking squirrels with huge ears. This is not one of them but he posed for me.


Dinner, rice and quinoa with the dried tomatoes, corn, and peppers. I threw in some of the jerky I smoked and it really took it to another level. Doubt I will get tired of this any time soon. In a few resupply boxes, my smoked salmon should be coming! Glad no one else is around to share with! 25.2 miles, 7:00 hiking.


1 comment: