Thursday, May 5, 2016

Day 7 (5/3) An adventure on a new section of trail.

Warmer last night and I got an earlier start this morning. Biggest time sink in the morning right now is taping up my feet.


Old something along the trail. Looks like someone has been using the fireplace recently.


Trail continues to be rocky and steep compared to last week. Definitely worked up a good sweat today.


I stopped and smelled the roses along the way...


I hit this spring about a half mile past the Deadman Canyon cut-off trail to hwy 90. Water was cold but very cloudy; I could definitely feel more resistance in my Sawyer Squeeze after a few liters. Next water is over 20 miles away according to the map, and the trail may not be finished up ahead. I drank as much as I could before moving on.


This is the newer trail to the west and north. I just hope it goes through to somewhere. I met 3 day hikers this afternoon who gladly gave me a liter of water. First people I had seen all day. Only seen one set of tracks this afternoon but trail has been easy to follow.


Decided to cowboy camp tonight. I'm still over 30 miles from Silver City, hoping to hitch the last 14 in on highway 180 from the east. 20.8 miles, 8 hours hiking.


No comments:

Post a Comment