Saturday, May 14, 2016

Day 14 (5/10)

Followed a pack trail for most of the morning. Ran into another backpacker heading to Prior cabin. He had just seen a bear with two yearlings.


Smoke from the fire is worse today. I can smell it much of the morning. Glad to be heading north, away from it.


Almost back to the river fo one more crossing. Can't wait to have dry feet for a while.


Came across some outfitters just before the river. They had a camp set up at Clear Creek, where I took the picture of the sign.


Goodbye Gila River, hello dry feet! I'm not sure the appeal of that many river crossings...


Leaving the Gila River valley. I can still see smoke in the distance.


I'm a long ways from anything out here! Enjoying the solitude.


I thought I was done with creek beds!?!? At least this one is dry. Slow going yet again. I need to find a place to camp.


There was a tank right around this bend. Not sure how I was able to set up my tent in the rocky soil but every stake went right in! I only grabbed enough water for dinner and breakfast. I'll get the rest before I leave in the morning. 23.5 miles, 7:15 hiking.


No comments:

Post a Comment